Are you ready to start selling online? Then, choose an e-commerce platform. Launching a victorious business begins with selecting a supreme eCommerce Platform. But, you shouldn’t be in the dark – You should choose a platform that fulfills all your requirements sensibly.
You can read this article to evaluate some of the best e-commerce platforms to start your business. The e-commerce space is constantly changing with new updates, pricing, plugins, etc.
To help keep it simple, here is an updated list of the most important e-commerce platforms for running your own business. In simple words, an e-commerce platform is a comprehensive software package that provides business owners with the ability to create an online store and manage it comprehensively.
Using a platform that is built for the official purpose of managing e-commerce stores comes with many benefits. You’ll be able to list your products fast, accept payments, and handle shipment with the right e-commerce platform.
For an e-commerce site, you can also hire a web developer, but hefty prices will slow down your growth. Choosing a more advanced, ready-to-use e-commerce platform will save you time and money.
E-commerce is the purchasing of physical or digital products for money on specific systems. Therefore, we can also refer to e-commerce as “electronic commerce.”
An E-commerce platform allows users to shop quickly without leaving the house.
In the study of product prices, the cost of transportation has been eliminated.
The product selection process is more straightforward when you know what you need.
User reviews provide more detailed product information.
Benefits Of Using An E-commerce Platform
Coding expertise is not required and therefore eliminates the hiring of a developer. Not only that, hosting is shared, thereby reducing server costs.
Another thing to consider is the following: better technical support since most of the creators of online stores have a support team that provides help to users in case of any discomfort.
Using a platform designed for the official purpose of managing e-commerce stores brings many benefits.
- Customer support/services provided (by platform)
- Intuitive management processes
- Easily create online storefronts
- Increase website performance
- Measures of Advanced Security
In 2006, Tobias Lotke (Canada’s CEO of the Year), Daniel Winard, and Scott Lake, founded Shopify. Shopify provides all of the necessary tools to get up and running in minutes, and you won’t have to bother about self-hosting or purchasing a third-party domain name.
In this regard, it can be referred to as the best ready-made solution, as it was created using price plans that cater to the demands of both small and large businesses.
Shopify is a well-known online platform that is simple to use and provides all of your required capabilities. With over 500,000 paying customers, Shopify has experienced enormous growth in recent years.
Once you’ve registered the account, you will access the complete toolkit to create and manage the e-commerce site. Customize the design, build a product catalog, establish prices, pay taxes, and add other features via installable extras.
Shopify’s bounties, you can sell anything you want to a large extent – physical products/rechargeable digital products, goods, services, and you can also create drop shipping.
Shopify’s key benefit is that it strikes an excellent mix between usability and functionality. On the other hand, Shopify is exceptionally user-friendly, even for those who have never run an e-commerce company before.
Advanced users, on the other hand, have access to CSS and HTML files, and you may increase your Shopify account as your store expands to gain more comprehensive capabilities.
Overall, it’s a well-designed e-commerce platform with various features that appear modern and stylish while being simple and uncomplicated. So you can go ahead and do it if that is your search.
The Most Important Features Of Shopify
Social Media Integration: If you have enough social media following, you may use the “Shop” page on Facebook to rebuild your Shopify e-commerce site. Allow customers to purchase directly from you without visiting your website.
Customer profiles: Custom user profiles ensure that you always have the most up-to-date information on your target audience. Shopify is excellent when you want to split your sales and marketing campaigns.
Easy discount codes: Discounts and sales can help increase revenue. For example, the “pooled discounts” option in Shopify lets you create discount codes for free shipping, percentages, and dollar amounts.
Automated Shipping Account: Shipping products to customers all over the world? No worries about calculating complicated shipping fees; Shopify will take care of everything! Based on the product’s weight and location, the carrier’s real-time shipping service calculates the exact shipping price for every order.
Abandoned Shopping Basket Recovery: The average rate of leaving the cart online today is about 68.81%. Seven out of 10 people walk out of your store empty-handed. Shopify, fortunately, provides automated email players and other options to assist in the recovery of the abandoned car.
Shopify’s Pros 👍
- Shopify gives you a wide range of store designs. They all look fashionable, beautiful, and improved to maximize sales.
- The Shopify store has over 2,000 apps and plugins to choose from. As a result, you’ll be able to connect your Shopify store to a variety of third-party services and add new features.
- Shopify is simple to use and does not necessitate any technological knowledge on the part of the user.
- If you sell your products on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest, you can do this using the low Shopify Lite plan price of $9/month.
- You can manage your store on the go with Shopify’s mobile apps for IOS and Android.
- Shopify is fully hosted. So, no worries about any server-related problems or maintenance at all.
- You’ll fall in love with the dashboard area right away because it’s attractive and straightforward.
- Shopify support is available across multiple channels such as live chat, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Shopify is ready for anything. You can sell rechargeable goods, digital products, services, anything.
- The assistants’ team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and a 14-day free trial.
Shopify’s Cons 👎
- Professional reports are only available at the top-level Shopify plans.
- The blogging unit, although present, does not have the most convenient user interface and may find it challenging to create good-looking blogger content regularly.
- If you like your customers to leave reviews and ratings for your products, these features are paid extra through plugins.
WooCommerce is the most used e-commerce management solution and one of the most user-friendly. With a staggering market share of 28.33%, according to Datanyze across all e-commerce solutions, WooCommerce is a calculated force.
WooCommerce is a WordPress-specific open-source e-commerce platform. In terms of design, WooCommerce comes pre-packed with Storefront and is the standard free feature they offer.
WooCommerce is basically for people accustomed to the WordPress platform and already have their WordPress website and want to start selling products and services. It’s a great starting point in the e-commerce world, so even if you don’t have a WordPress website, you should just consider getting WooCommerce!
These are some of the most critical design features and adjustments:
- a massive collection of additional topics
- you can even customize the purchase button
- you can easily include products on any page using short icons
- dividing products into categories
- product ratings and reviews
- customize your store on a site basis
- unlimited products and images
Now let’s talk about selling your goods. WooCommerce offers a range of features designed to make the sales experience look like a breeze!
Features such as:
- Both digital and physical things can be sold.
- You can immediately add affiliate products to your store.
- Unlimited product variations.
- A wide range of options and shipping prices (even free shipping).
- Tax options.
Finally, order management and customer information will help you grow your store quickly and not delay sales! If you imagine WooCommerce, we have written a very detailed WooCommerce tutorial to follow.
WooCommerce vs. other e-commerce platforms like Shopify is that it’s an entirely free e-commerce platform to use! (When you have a functional WordPress website.)
WooCommerce Pros 👍
- It is available for free download as long as you have a WordPress website
- Learn to use WooCommerce easy and intuitive
- Due to the heavy reliance on WooCommerce, support materials and resources are mainly within reach.
- Installing the plugin may seem daunting even though minimum technical knowledge is required.
- WooCommerce offers some very essential email marketing functions. Although using a dedicated email service provider can make a huge difference.
- Moosend’s direct integration with WooCommerce allows you to set up excellent email automation on the go. Automation like email to give up your shopping cart and welcome emails and thank you for your purchase emails has never been easier!
- There are Ready-made features such as product reviews and rating systems.
WooCommerce Cons 👎
- Some features are free, although if you want to achieve the next level, you need to invest in some other additions that may be expensive.
- Keeping up with WordPress and WooCommerce updates will be a time-consuming but mandatory process to ensure maximum performance.
3- Wix – eCommerce
Wix is known for its simple site building, with a drag-and-drop interface and development wonders for beginners. Wix e-commerce has also seen some success, thanks to its low costs and attractive designs.
The company has broken into the website building world, helping small business owners bypass expensive website design companies and dedicate their time to creating a stylish website without paying the hefty costs.
Wix can’t compete with the most powerful e-commerce platforms like Shopify or more attractive systems like Squarespace, but that’s not the point.
Wix e-commerce appears to offer the standard functionality you’d expect from any e-commerce platform when you create an account and look through the public dashboard. However, compared to a solution like Shopify, you’ll find quite a few features that the Wix system lacks.
Wix’s control panel is simple to utilize, and the drag-and-drop interface is perfect for newbies. It has an app marketplace to include add-ons and other cool stuff like contact forms and receipts.
However, again, the Shopify add-ons library primarily focuses on e-commerce add-ons, while Wix covers everything outside of e-commerce as well. This is a fantastic feature of Wix because it lets you customize every part of your site.
The good news for businesses considering Wix eCommerce for sales is that there are no limitations to what you may sell. Wix has you covered whether you’re searching for a way to exhibit digital goods or creative stuff.
What you can create with this fantastic tool has no bounds or boundaries. Wix has a mobile store app for business executives who want to keep track of everything going on with their firm from afar.
The Wix Stores app lets you create product galleries, sell unlimited products, create a mobile-optimized store, and generate discount codes. Users can accept multiple payment types and access a range of payments, including PayPal, Square, and Stripe.
Customers can also receive automated email notifications, create newsletters, and be informed about new goods and promotions using Lightbox and Wix Scream. You can also unlock premium order management tools and enhance security with SSL certificates.
Wix Pros 👍
- User-friendly backend interface, perfect for beginners
- Quick setup if you need to start selling soon.
- If you wish to use Wix to Stand Out, there are numerous customization choices available.
- Wix App Market gives you access to a variety of features.
- Wix, as one of the most cost-effective stores, offers incredible value.
- Support both digital and physical goods.
- No need to worry about sales fees (or commission requirements).
- The real-time calculator helps plan shipment.
- Many advanced features in premium plans.
Wix cons 👎
- Some issues with limited download speeds
- Fewer Tools Than Some Other Custom Ecommerce Solutions
- Some customization options are missing.
BigCommerce is a new eCommerce platform that has recently gained much traction; with over 40,000 websites using it and over 500 new domains added every month, BigCommerce has become a serious competitor for the finest eCommerce systems.
BigCommerce provides a terrific and powerful website builder that lets you design your eShop to match your ideas completely. BigCommerce is a tailored solution for significant businesses that want to develop quickly without sacrificing performance.
Unlike other eCommerce platforms, BigCommerce provides a ONE-ON-ONE launch service, which allows you to chat with the BigCommerce team and determine the best possible action for your store.
You will first select one of their e-commerce themes, which sadly comes at an additional cost. However, they’ve included freebies like the Akamai Image Manager; It will allow you to improve image quality and performance.
Selecting a theme only gives you access to some fantastic features, such as:
You have complete control over your theme’s appearance and customization.
Before you publish, be sure you’ve thoroughly tested all of your modifications.
You may anticipate a 99.99 percent uptime with their hosting services.
Migrate your current store and products to BigCommerce with ease.
BigCommerce provides several unique quality characteristics when it comes to general administration:
It comes with a full-featured eCommerce CMS that allows you to easily add and edit products, as well as establish a blog to go along with your store. In addition, you can add photos, pricing, and the product’s SKU.
Integrate with the most popular payment processors to ensure that you never miss a sale. Manage your inventory in one location and adjust product quantities on a per-product basis to ensure that your customers get the proper amount.
The option to connect your inventory with other Omni-channels like eBay, Amazon, and Facebook Marketplace is a unique feature. Only BigCommerce users have access to this functionality!
BigCommerce Pros 👍
- Even the most discerning eCommerce professional will be satisfied by their vast array of tools and capabilities.
- With their APIs, it’s simple to alter and expand its features (technical knowledge is required!)
- Omni-channel integration may let you connect with consumers in ways that no other eCommerce platform can.
- There is 24/7 Support through live chat, email, and telephone.
- It’s simple to alter and expand their functionality using their APIs (technical expertise required!) Only Enterprise plans come with a dedicated account manager.
- On each sale, there are no transaction costs.
- Simple POS-Integration with the most popular POS systems.
BigCommerce Cons 👎
- There aren’t as many free templates to select from.
- The pricing of premium templates is high.
- For each plan, there is a yearly sales cap.
Magento is a well-established open-source e-commerce platform that provides e-commerce solutions to a large number of e-commerce entrepreneurs.
It lives on flexibility, and it boasts a developer community of over 300,000 and 1,000 trustworthy partners (the source), making it one of the most seasoned platforms available.
Magento is an extensive e-commerce system with a wide range of settings and choices, making it an excellent choice for entrepreneurs looking to expand their business rapidly. However, Magento is not a solution that a novice should start with.
Magento, like most e-commerce systems, allows you to connect new functionality through add-ons. These are available for free on Magento Market.
You’ll discover everything you need here, from accounting and finance to marketing and website optimization. If you’re using Magento’s free edition, these extensions may be helpful too.
Moosend also has direct integration with Magento if you’re seeking an email marketing solution.
You’ll utilize one of these two techniques to use Magento:
Magento Open Source is the name of the ‘highway’ since you must download and install it on your server, which will necessitate some technical expertise on your part, and therefore you may need to hire a web developer.
And the Magento Commerce premium method is self-hosted, which means you won’t have to worry about installation or configuration, which can be costly at close to $2000 a month.
The features of Magento will not disappoint you, as it is one of the most comprehensive systems available, covering all aspects of an e-commerce store.
So here are a few highlights:
Segmentation and customization of customers are two critical aspects of customer service.
Increase/Cross-Selling with Dynamic Rule-Based Product Relationships.
Drag and drop the Page and Product Page Builder.
Magento Pros 👍
- It offers a free version as well.
- Their well-rounded U.I. makes it simple to set up your store without having to look up how to do so on the internet.
- To fit your demands, customize the platform’s appearance and functionality. (technical knowledge is a must)
- Even the most demanding business owners will be satisfied by a wide range of e-commerce capabilities.
- Expand the functionality of your e-commerce store with plugins that can be accessed through their Marketplace.
Magento Cons 👎
- The cost of the premium version is high.
- Because of the vast number of choices available, the configuration might be perplexing.
- The free version will require you to maintain your e-commerce store manually.
- Unless you are a PHP expert, you should outsource your shop development.
6- Template Monster
Since 2002, Template Monster has been in this market. On the website, you can see that they don’t only sell web layouts. In addition to Photoshop, Facebook, newsletters, Flash, Swish, After Effects, and PowerPoint templates, they provide many functions for all major content management systems and standard e-commerce systems.
They even have brand and company-style templates. This applies to advertising, consulting, hosting / domain name registration, SEO services, social networking, email marketing, Web application development package. You can utilize all of the essential tools for enterprises of all types!
As far as themes and plugins are concerned, you can choose what suits your needs. You are entirely in charge of the themes, with no unforeseen or unexpected costs involved. With the ONE, you’ll get access to an incredible collection of hundreds of gorgeous professional site designs.
You may narrow down the list of best-selling e-commerce themes depending on their intended purpose using advanced filters. You may also watch live demos of the designs and download your favorites in one click.
Each subscription service’s highly competent assistance is one of its most significant aspects. For novices, ONE is also an excellent choice. It comes with 24/7 customer service to assist you with all of the subscription’s features. In addition, you can get answers from a staff of knowledgeable and pleasant assistants.
Additional services like hosting (see Best Cheap WordPress Hosting), website maintenance, and SEO work may be purchased for a fee.
Quick Start, Website Remastering, Creative Start, Security Patch, Efficient Content, Speed Up Your Website, SEO Improvement, All-in-One Website Package, and others are among the services available.
ONE subscription: The ONE subscription is an excellent service. It might not be suitable for everyone. Who would benefit from this membership? Here is a list of those that would:
- Site owners who require a wide range of design options for their existing sites or upcoming projects.
- Customers want professionally designed templates that can be easily installed.
- For web designers’ projects, HTML templates and WordPress themes are available.
- Those who require high-resolution photographs.
- Entrepreneurs in need of a well-designed and custom website for their company.
These groups of people are sure to benefit most from the ONE subscription. However, if you are out of these organizations, this does not rule out the possibility of helping from the subscription.
The Benefits of ONE Membership: Ready-made solutions for the most popular platforms, such as Elementor Page Builder, Shopify, Magento, HTML, and others, are available.
This allows you to update your online project rapidly. Additionally, you can download as many products as you want for your projects. Nevertheless, bulk downloads are not allowed due to the security measures developed to protect against fraud.
Each subscription service’s highly competent assistance is one of its most significant aspects. ONE is also a perfectly acceptable option for beginners. It comes with 24/7 customer service to assist you with all of the subscription’s features. In addition, you can get answers from a staff of knowledgeable and pleasant assistants.
Template Monster Pros 👍
- Significant collection themes, templates, graphics
- All in one solution
- Unlimited installations
- Fantastic support
- Easy to download
- Regular updates
Template Monster Cons 👎
Many new e-commerce systems are trying for the top place these days, but 3dcart has long been a market leader. In the early 2000s, it was one of the first e-commerce platforms to provide an online shop software solution.
What attracts users to 3dcart is the many features and add-ons that are at their disposal. Of course, they took pleasure in being plain initially, but they offer everything you require to expand your company.
3dcart is a software suitable for e-commerce businesses of any size. Whether you are just a one-person store starting with your own Drop Shipping company or an enterprise e-commerce company that manufactures your products, 3dcart has all the tools you could need to sustain your online e-commerce business.
Platforms that are simple to set up but lack the capability to expand the business frequently result in migration. 3Dcart also has a simple WYSIWYG editor, lots of marketing plugins, and lots of SEO tools. If you have the necessary skills, you may personalize your website utilizing the 3dcart platform.
However, there are over 60 free and paid templates available to help you create your business. There is no limit to valuable features that can affect your earnings significantly. 3dcart is created with a revenue-driven attitude, whether it’s through promotions, email newsletters, or drip email campaigns.
An abandoned cart tool can help you increase conversions and get more value out of your marketing efforts.
Backend operations like shipping, payment gateways, and more are also solid suits for 3dcart: Some of the highlights are listed here:
- Calculate shipping and taxes in real-time, which means no surprises during checkout
- You have access to more than 200 payment gateways, all of which offer industry-leading payment alternatives.
- Unlimited bandwidth and no transaction fees
- Built-in advanced reports
- PCI DSS certified security
- 24/7/365 Technical Support
Despite this, building an e-commerce store is never enough, which is why 3dcart focuses so much on marketing. 3dcart’s range of marketing capabilities is one of the factors that makes it so strong.
Some worthy mentions include:
- Targeted Email Marketing and Drip Campaigns
- Promotions, Coupons, Gift Cards, Affiliate Programs, Rewards Points, and Tell a Friend helps build customer loyalty.
- Registration is a gift
- A suite of advanced SEO tools
- Abandoned cart
- Sales conversion tools.
- Analytics and Reports.
- There’s a lot of third-party marketing apps integration.
3dcart Pros 👍
Setup is simple, and the admin control panel is simple to use.
A set of marketing tools to assist you in growing and improving your online business.
For an easy-to-convert e-commerce website design, there are many template possibilities to pick from.
24/7/365 customer support means you’ll never go without help.
Hosting and security built into the platform.
3dcart Cons 👎
Learning many features may take some time.
Some add-ons come at an additional monthly or one-time cost
Monthly packages are dependent on growth levels
8- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
This program is a cloud-based trading platform. Users may create an intelligent purchasing experience for clients by connecting all of their sales channels (your store, social media platforms, mobile users, your web store, and so on) so that they can manage their entire business from one location!
Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides a comprehensive solution for managing your e-commerce business’s day-to-day operations. As a result, you can quickly launch an online presence and grow your business by reaching a more extensive range of customers.
You’ll find that Salesforce offers a number of options when you explore their resources; you can customize the user experience and marketing campaigns to interest your target population. Years ago, these were the things only the data world could achieve!
Salesforce Cloud Commerce also employs powerful artificial intelligence (A.I.) technology, which is critical for gaining a deeper understanding of consumer behavior.
Additionally, all of this information is synchronized in real-time throughout the cloud, ensuring that you and your team always have the most up-to-date information.
You may also utilize this consumer data to determine how your target audience prefers to engage with your business. Whether it’s live chat, SMS, your social network accounts, or your e-commerce site, once you’ve figured out what your target audience loves, you can use it to your advantage!
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Pros 👍
Excellent for entrepreneurs with experience in programming or web development.
Provides a large number of templates and commercial APIs formulating a solution meeting your business’s exact needs.
Also an excellent option for anyone who wants to start and expand a business rapidly.
Quick storefront creation using one of the many ready-made website templates.
Valuable ability to change your e-commerce site’s look quickly.
Page Builder tool of the platform simple to use.
Easy websites creation without needing to know how to code!
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Cons 👎
More expensive than the services and products offered by the competitors.
Suited to organizations with a turnover exceeding well over millions every quarter.
More time and effort are needed to master its platform altering Salesforce API.
It’s a simple, painless, and legal way to start a new website from scratch. Anyone can build a website with Squarespace. You don’t need to be very tech-sordid, know how to program, or have any previous design skills to succeed using this feature.
Squarespace’s goal is to help you quickly sell digital and physical products. You will manage sales taxes, shipping options, coupon mechanism, inventory, product submission, and product editing.
Squarespace is the best design platform, and when it comes to selling great products online, you need to grab the customer’s attention. There are built-in sales tools that you can use to attract and engage the audience, so you will not go and look for them as you would with Shopify.
With a vast selection of excellent alternatives to pick from, Squarespace focuses on ensuring that your items take center stage on your website. For example, you may make slideshows out of your photographs by adding zoom tools. A 360-degree visualization option is also available.
Squarespace didn’t offer anything to sell offline for a long time, which allowed Shopify to make significant strides in the game, along with many other e-commerce tools like Wix. Finally, however, Squarespace has joined the POS party and will enable companies in the U.S. to sell offline.
Email Marketing: If you’re comfortable with Mailchimp, then Squarespace is likely to be the option for you. You may directly link your Squarespace to Mailchimp, so you don’t have to worry about generating links. All you will do is just click on Mailchimp as your form solution and choose the authorized account button.
Blogging: Squarespace comes with blogging, unlike other eCommerce providers, like Volusion, requiring you to add your blogging platform separately. Squarespace is recognized as the most refined blogging platform in terms of performance.
SEO: When it comes to SEO capabilities, Squarespace is below average. You can perform the basics, like editing descriptions and adding meta titles. However, there are no sophisticated features, and you won’t get any tips on organizing your business to rank well in search engines.
Ease of Use: Squarespace provides its users with mobile applications that they may use to manage their online businesses and websites. Squarespace provides you with a variety of applications for commerce, analytics, and site administration.
Shopify is the best option if you require a system with a lot of complex reporting capabilities. Compared to Squarespace, the tool has a lot more functionality; however, SquareSpace is catching up.
Squarespace Pros 👍
- When you concentrate on design, you’ll find plenty of appealing templates.
- Its use is pretty simple and has a lot of helpful hints.
- Offline selling integrations are possible.
- An analytical system that will help you examine the performance of your store
- Perfect for on-demand sales.
- Blogging tools for your content marketing strategies.
- For small companies on a budget, there are several good price options.
Squarespace Cons 👎
- There isn’t a market for extensibility or an app store.
- There are a few payment alternatives available.
- There aren’t as many selling options as there are with Shopify.
YoKart is a well-informed e-commerce platform that enables an entrepreneur to create his multi-vendor market. The platform is known for its rapid and easy preparation of e-commerce markets.
As mentioned on Yokart’s website, more than 1,000 markets are supported by this flexible solution and are working successfully worldwide. If you’re looking to create a multi-vendor B2B or B2C market, YoKart is the right choice for you.
However, if your requirements symbolize one vendor’s store, you should choose another solution. In terms of UX and Design, YoKart stands in high standing. The platform provides a consistent user experience across all screen platforms.
Additionally, it comes with features such as responsive design, easy-to-use separate seller/buyer dashboards, business-user control, reporting and analysis, simplified drag, IOS, and Android mobile apps.
Many e-commerce systems have similar tasks or capabilities, but the significant distinction is inventory or product management. This is where YoKart features the following product management features:
- import/export product catalog
- inventory tracking
- easy built-in product review management system
- download up to 1 lakh of products
- multiple product variables
- intelligent product recommendation feature to attract buyers
- also, you can allow sellers to sell digital products
Yo!Kart Pros 👍
- Comes with several built-in features
- Fully customizable and scalable platform
- Lifetime licensing means no recurring fees and no transaction fees
- Flexible repayment terms for market owners
- 12 months of free technical support and multiple support channels
- What are Yo!Kart’s drawbacks?
- No upgrade strategy
- there are no free topics
It’s best to hire a PHP developer who knows what they’re doing. ; otherwise, you should contact YoKart’s team.
Yo!Kart Cons 👎
- YoKart is the ideal solution for you to build a multi-vendor B2B or B2C Marketplace. However, if your requirement stands for a one-seller store, you should choose another solution.
Volusion is an e-commerce platform company founded in 1999. Small and large enterprises may use the brand’s shopping cart software, including site design and e-commerce processing facilities.
In addition to offering a drag-and-drop website builder, secure payment processing, free templates, and social network integration, Volusion Personal plan provides a massive list of features. You also get access to built-in SEO and inventory management tools.
Also, there are no newsletters, personal customer reviews, abandoned cart reports, or third-party gateway support. You should also buy your SSL certificate. Not a very good start, but let’s look at other tariff plans.
I think Volusion’s user interface is friendly, easy to use, and has a lot of valuable statistics and stats on the site. Furthermore, the customization process guides me through setting up a store, including uploading logos, selecting a theme, and designing my new product pages with components like descriptions and delivery choices.
Volusion themes are of exceptional quality. They appear to be more concerned with quality than with stocking the library with many titles. During my review of Volusion, I also discovered general designs that fit just about every industry and specific topics for things like home renovation companies and furniture stores.
Like Shopify, Volusion simply has a visual builder. Furthermore, I would argue that Volusion’s visual builder is a lot less efficient than what you get from Shopify and Bigcommerce.
Volusion, on the other hand, has a style editor that allows you to customize colors, fonts, and custom styles. Again, this is more for global styling changes than inputting and processing a single bit of text or a button.
The best is that the Volusion platform focuses on providing you with built-in functionality rather than a large variety of apps that end up being too expensive. However, I’d want to see additional apps and connections tailored to specific scenarios, such as social media and marketing.
Volusion’s advertising solutions include Google Ads and Google Shopping. As a result, I’ll start creating Google Ad Campaigns based on the photographs and product descriptions.
This is essentially the same as creating your own Google Ads account, but with the added benefit of linking it to your store and bringing in inventory.
Volusion Pros 👍
- It has a more straightforward and user-friendly backend than the competitors. DIY internet retailers and those who don’t want to devote time setting up their website may find this intriguing.
- Dashboard statistics focus on the most critical aspects of online sales.
- Pricing matches competitors like Shopify and Bigcommerce.
- Product pages are simple to make, but they also have complex pricing options, suppliers, and regular pricing.
- Volusion provides you with excellent marketing options right now. Newsletters, ratings and reviews, stock notifications, and ads in the navigation menu are all examples.
- This platform gives you direct access to the API as well as HTML and CSS code areas.
- There aren’t many, but the themes are lovely, contemporary, and simple to get started with.
- While live chat is like a bot or human with a script, customer support over the phone makes me feel safer working with Volusion than with the competition.
- All aspects of shipping are available for maximum flexibility, including current rates.
Volusion Cons 👎
- Some lower-priced plans have product restrictions.
- The sharing and selling capabilities of social media are restricted.
- Volusion doesn’t have a blogging feature.
This platform is open-source e-commerce that is widely used. Their technology is used by more than 270,000 online stores worldwide, covering an astounding availability translated into 60 languages.
It’s a feature-rich solution that, like other top e-commerce platforms, allows you to create items and categorize them into categories and subcategories, as well as a sophisticated inventory management system.
If you provide customized items, the option to allow your consumers to submit photos and specs is a fantastic feature that comes with it, making your business easy to use if you’re targeting that niche.
In terms of customizing the online store, you will be able to:
Add different payment methods and shipping options.
Assign shipping companies based on geographic delivery areas.
Implement an SSL Certificate to Enhance Security.
In terms of design and usefulness, you can:
Product pages and product presentations may be easily customized.
Configure your eShop’s search engine.
View results with additional product information.
Add advanced filters and sort parameters.
Create legal information pages.
One feature that will catch your eye is PrestaShop’s ability to insert a product search engine into your 404 pages, and this feature may even increase sales!
Furthermore, PrestaShop recognizes the importance of the checkout page and provides a comprehensive set of options for you to use. Customers will appreciate their journey through the checkout process if features like showing a summary order page and order validation are available.
PrestaShop has a comprehensive set of tools that enable you to advertise your online store on autopilot, which adds to the excitement.
You’ll have an advantage over your opponents. on everything from product ideas to marketing certain products via your online store to personalized product sliders.
PrestaShop is an excellent option for medium and small enterprises that don’t want a high-end solution. A friendly reminder: Unless you outsource PrestaShop, if you have bad technical experience, it may not be the ideal answer for you!
You may download modules to enhance the functionality of your e-stores through PrestaShop’s app store, similar to other free e-commerce systems.
Although PrestaShop is entirely free to use, the mentioned modules are not.
PrestaShop Pros 👍
- PrestaShop is available for download and usage at no cost.
- You’ll be happy at how many options you have (technical knowledge is a must)
- You’ll become a member of one of the most potent e-commerce communities, with unique ideas and solutions to your difficulties.
- Support resources are available via the PrestaShop discussion forum.
- PrestaShop integrates with many other applications through modules.
PrestaShop Cons 👎
- The PrestaShop team will charge you for personalized assistance.
- You’ll need technical expertise for installation and configuration, or you may hire a developer to do it for you.
- The feature of having several stores is not accessible.
- Modules may be costly when it comes to expanding the functionality of your shop.
13- Quick eSelling
Quick eSelling is the first e-commerce platform to offer clients free and fast online stores and mobile apps.
The Quick eSelling e-commerce platform was created with the goal of assisting startups and small companies in going online without having to invest any money.
It has a website, as well as native apps for Android and iOS, as well as tablet and iPad apps.
The platform has much functionality and is quite simple to set up. It makes it quick and straightforward for businesses to sell online, both B2B and B2C. The nice part about Quick eSelling is how simple it is to use, how affordable it is, and how quickly it can be set up.
Quick eSelling eCommerce
It includes a single CRM for managing the website and mobile apps.
Advanced functions, such as business analytics, are available in CRM. Such as the most popular products, the most profitable products, a time-specific sales dashboard, an earnings graph, the number of app and website users, customers, total visitors, Customer management, and app downloads.
Their user-friendly dashboard makes order administration, product management, pricing management, and inventory management a breeze.
Quick eSelliing offers a wide range of marketing services, including email marketing, SMS marketing, and push alerts.
It offers services like product rating and review, blog feed, and real-time suggestions based on customers’ cart and browsing history to help them create a stronger relationship with them.
It also has an abandoned cart and recovery feature that keeps track of incomplete checkouts and sends reminder SMS and emails to encourage conversion.
eCommerce Builder – Themes
Quick eSelling comes with several ready-to-publish themes.
Customers may preview and switch between the themes in the collection with ease. You can customize the themes to fit the specific requirements of the customer. Choose a theme from the drop-down menu, preview it, and publish it.
Quick eSelling Pros 👍
- It is free to start
- Join a well-known online marketplace with your online business.
- Upload more than 1000 products to the free plan
- Easy to set up
- Built-in standard e-commerce capabilities
- Automated marketing
- It has multiple payment gateways
Quick eSelling Cons 👎
- The free plan has a restricted set of features. You will pay a 5% transaction charge on each order under the free program.
- There are a few free themes available that may be modified for a fee.
- The team can conduct theme modification for themes other than the built-in ones for a bespoke fee.
Shift4Shop boasts more than 21 years in the industry, but you may not recognize it by its current name. It was 3Dcart at first. Shift4Payments, on the other hand, bought the eCommerce solution in 2020.
Since then, the platform has gone through several adjustments and is now ready to shed its previous reputation. Shift4Shop is a worthy Shopify competitor today, with similar functionality, pricing, and extra services.
Shift4Shop is pre-built e-commerce software, so you don’t need anything else to get started selling online. With this SaaS Setting up your e-commerce store is quick and easy. Choose the theme of your liking, customize it to your liking, and upload your first product.
Without any coding knowledge, Shift4Shop allows you to create an online store using templates. You may host and sell an infinite number of items, make product variants, sell through various sales and marketing channels, and accept over 100 different payment methods.
You may select a template and personalize it with Shift4Shop’s theme editor. This website editor is intuitive and straightforward to use, and it does not require any code. You may also use the HTML/CSS markup on your site to make further changes using this platform.
Shopify and Shift4Shop both provide a comparable set of features. So, here’s a brief rundown of what to expect from this platform:
Report: Shift4Shop includes a set of reporting and analytics tools that showcase your top-performing items and, conversely, your company’s presence; there’s always the opportunity for development. Shift4Shop, for example, keeps track of where consumers are throughout the ordering process.
The interaction of Shif4Shop with Google Analytics allows you to gather valuable insight into your website. In addition, this platform lets you create and view reports using an intuitive dashboard.
SEO: Shift4Shop enables you to improve your eCommerce website for search engine optimization. You may change meta tags, product description titles, and allow Google product reviews, for example. In addition, both providers automatically create sitemaps for your store.
In addition, shift4Shop product pages are instantly compatible with Google-AMP. As for achieving similar results to Shopify, you’ll need to download and use plugins. Furthermore, Shift4Shop allows you to alter the URL structure as you see fit. On the other hand, Shopify isn’t as flexible.
Extra Marketing Features: Aside from the following built-in affiliate marketing, loyalty reward programs, rewards lists, and the ability to customize rules, Shift4Shop also offers B2B and wholesale customers. Instead, you’ll require third-party software to use Shopify’s feature.
Shift4shop also offers basic email marketing and CRM functionality where you can group and track customer details.
Blogging: Built-in blogging modules in Shift4Shop optimize your website for search engines so you can be found more easily. Moreover, it includes organizing blog posts into article categories so that users can comment on the posts.
Shift4shop Pros 👍
- There is a wide variety of sales, marketing tools, and store management available.
- To open an internet store, you don’t need to know how to code.
- There is a built-in blogging engine and a CRM.
- You have access to 24/7 technical support.
- You may acquire plugins to enhance the functionality of your online store from an app store.
- When merchants in the United States use Shift4Payments, they can create and run their stores for free.
- There are over 100 free themes available to pick from.
- Shift4Shop offers a wide range of features right out of the box with the free plan. The essential elements are much broader than Shopify’s paid plans!
- Features such as loyalty rewards programs, affiliate programs, email marketing, B2B and wholesale customization, and reward lists are included from the start.
Shift4shop Cons 👎
- You will rely on multiple apps to extend the functionality of your store, increasing your overall costs.
- Shift4Shop free plan is not available for international vendors
- Shift4Shop’s online community is not as active as Shopify.
Weebly is a compelling web creation platform that simplifies your website coding or takes advantage of web developers. Creating an attractive, professionally designed, and user-friendly website will help your site visitors take action.
The step is to buy something from your site, sign up for your content sharing service, or sign up for your email list. With the help of Weebly, you can do it.
Weebly offers a wide range of marketing tools, an excellent reputation, and a lot of customer support. It also contains several features that you can use to create an online business, start blogging, and even spread the news through social media.
Weebly has many beautiful features, such as a drag-and-drop environment for creating websites, the ability to buy your domain, and many other options. In addition, there are a wide variety of professional layouts to choose from and much high-quality potential for business owners.
The “free” version of Weebly is the most affordable, giving users access to certain elemental features, including free SSL security and up to 500 MB of storage. However, you’ll have to deal with the Weebly brand throughout your site.
You also don’t receive any kind of e-commerce functionality. Weebly also has a number of SEO tools that will assist you in boosting your exposure in search engines and increase your sales chances. In terms of search engine optimization,
Weebly includes a few more sophisticated capabilities, such as HTML encoding, which you may utilize to work on the back end of your site.
Weebly sites will also come up with multilingual options, and they are only available for an additional $3 per month, which means you may have to spend more overall. Weebly makes it simple to utilize outside the digital world, allowing you to sell safely offline and online.
For example, you can create vouchers and gift cards using a system integrated into your editing environment, design product and badge search systems, and even view customer reviews on your website.
There is also an option to accept payments using a range of tools, including Square, Stripe, and PayPal, and there is also an automatic tax calculator.
You may change your template whenever you want on Weebly without losing any information. Furthermore, while Weebly’s theme selection is limited, it still has a lot to offer in contemporary style.
Weebly Pros 👍
- Easy to set up and design for the site
- Frequency range and unlimited space
- A large number of search engine optimization and other tools are available.
Weebly Cons 👎
- Customization possibilities are limited.
- Customer service is slightly less.
15 Best Ecommerce Platforms For 2022 – Conclusion
This got us to the end of our list of the Top 15 best e-commerce platforms for learning how to build an e-commerce store from scratch.
The platform you will choose will determine the success of your online store, so it is imperative to have a concrete selection process.
There are more than 400 e-commerce platforms, but these are some of the best platforms which will fulfill your needs.
Before investing in an e-commerce platform, ensure you have a strategy in place. Aside from setting up your online business, you’ll need to complete a few other steps before you can begin selling. To stand out, you’ll need to dabble with digital marketing and SEO.
|The content writers’ team at ElmundoDeals is continuously contributing to the writing of high-quality content regarding Making Money, Saving Money, Product Reviews, E-commerce, Affiliate Marketing, Banking & Investing, as well as looking for the Best available Deals.|